What is a Nectar Collector?
A nectar collector is a dab tool used to vape concentrates and essential oils. This unique glass pipe is known for its vertical dabbing capabilities and one of a kind look which functions similar to a plastic straw; you suck up the concentrates similar to drinking a glass of coke.
The Industry History of the Nectar Collector
At the time Nectar Collectors were invented (2014ish), the market was ripe with all different contraptions. Everyone was gunning for the best nail or method to smoke concentrates. You had devices like Hitman’s hinge nails, Hive’s ceramic nails, Highly Educated’s titanium nails, health stones, dabliones, and many others. As time progressed, the quartz banger proved to be the preferred tool used for dabbing, but the nectar collector still has its place; particularly the small and portable ones.
How to Use a Nectar Collector?
To use a nectar collector, torch the end of the tip for 10 to 15 seconds. Place this hot tip on your dab and rip away. You will have to constantly move the hot tip over the dab as the heat causes the oil to disperse and run away. Another key tip is to put your dab on a glass dish or silicone pad as it makes sucking up the concentrates much easier.
Nectar Collector Tips and Tricks
- Use a glass dish or silicone pad when dabbing.
- DO NOT overheat the tip. If it is glowing red, it is too hot and this runs the risk of cracking the glass through the heat transferred.
- Fill the water SLOWLY (if applicable). Otherwise the water will flow out through the entire piece. Also depending on the piece, it may be easier to fill through the tip than the mouth piece.
- Hold the nectar on a 45 degree angle for it to function properly. If you hold it close to a 90 degree angle, the nectar collector can leak and will not have enough air flow.
- Use joint wax to ensure all the induvial parts of a nectar collector stick together.
- Excessive heating of the tip will cause the joint wax to lose its grip.
- Be sure that there is no water trapped in the tip. If there is water in it and you heat the tip, it will shatter the lower body of your nectar collector.
- DO NOT SUBMERGE YOUR HOT TIP INTO YOUR STASH JAR AND ATTEMPT TO TAKE THE MOTHER OF ALL RIPS. The oil could vaporize violently enough to cause the body of your Nectar Collector to shatter.
Nectar Collector vs Oil Rig
Both a nectar collector and a dab rig will get the job done equally as well leaving you stoney bologna. The main difference between the two is the way the nail is heated and the fashion in which the concentrates are consumed. With a nectar collector, you heat the tip, dip, and sip. With a dab rig, you torch the nail for 30 seconds, let it cool 45 seconds, dab, and then place the carb cap on the quartz banger.
With that being said, 9 out of 10 times you are going to want to dab out of an oil rig. This is because it is much easier to get a consistent hit and your flavor profiles will be much stronger. The nectar collector excels when you need to dab on the go or stealth is a factor.
Nectar Collector vs Honey Straw?
The main difference here is that a nectar collector uses water filtration while a honey straw does not. The term “nectar collector” is consistently misused when referencing a honey straw and it has come to the point in the same manner of the brand Kleanx. Back in the day, instead of asking for a tissue, someone would ask for a Kleanx; even though the tissue was not the Kleanx brand.
You’re now an expert when it comes to all things about nectar collectors! If you’re looking for a mini nectar collector, Dablione Tech has you covered as we offer one of the most portable dry nectar collectors available on the market for a great price.
Dablione's Mini Nectar Collector
Dablione has you covered with an excellent honey straw that is also so much more. Discover how!